What will you learn?
The PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor Course shows prospective candidates how to teach the PADI Emergency Oxygen Administration skills as well as how to give proper classroom lectures.
- Although the PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider course is suited for divers, the course has no diving prerequisites.
- Being a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider is the minimum requirement
Upon request. Please contact the shop for dates.
As a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor you will be able to teach divers how to recognize conditions that can be treated with emergency oxygen. This is a dry course, meaning no diving is required to take this course.
As a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor you will teach students:
- the fundamentals for recognizing diving conditions and injuries treatable with emergency oxygen
- how to properly identify, assemble and disassemble oxygen equipment
- the assessment of scene for safety, response and management
- how to safely administer emergency oxygen
Some of the course topics you will teach include:
- Oxygen first aid for diving emergencies
- Understanding Anatomy & Physiology
- Oxygen, its hazards and any safety conditions
- Benefits of oxygen for diving emergencies
- Oxygen delivery systems and components
This course consists of easy to follow directions and an outline to qualify you to teach PADI Oxygen First Aid in diving emergencies. This course is a must for PADI Instructors who are planning to teach the Rescue course. You may even choose to combine this certification with the EFR course to complement your Rescue program. As a PADI Oxygen First Aid Instructor you will find there are many situations for people to take this course. Divemasters and Boat Captains, boat crews, and deck hands will want to keep there emergency skills sharp, and will look to you for their training.
Once you qualify as a PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor, you can train divers to be prepared to assess, respond and act in a dive-related emergency.