What will you learn?
Take a closer look and see more on your next dive. Look for symbioses, predator/prey and other relationships between aquatic plant and animal life. Learn not just what fish and animals are, but how they interact with each other and the environment. This is part of the awesome PADI Underwater Naturalist Course.
Learn about why some creatures behave the way they do and what their role is in the aquatic ecosystem.
Open Water or Junior Open Water Diver minimum 10 years of age.
You’ll learn about the major aquatic life groupings, interactions and factual information that dispels negative myths about the underwater world. Topics include:
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- The underwater naturalist’s view of organisms and their roles in the environment
You put this information into practice during your two open water dives.
Cost: $150+HST includes materials
Where do I go from here?
Here are some popular examples of courses commonly taken by graduates of this course:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Aware Fish Identification
- Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videographer
- Drift Diver
- Night Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver