Sea & Sea MDX a7RIV Underwater Housing MDXL A7IV
Sea & Sea MDX a7RIV Underwater Housing MDXL A7IV features a more ergonomic design, improved safety features and eye-catching exterior. The new MDX-L series housings are now upgraded with more standard features to ensure better handling and greater protection for your camera.
We now offer In Store Financing for your new Drysuit system. Click HERE for details.
The Sea & Sea MDX a7RIV is a rugged Japanese made all Aluminum housing featuring entirely new features from Sea & Sea’s novel MDXL line of housings.
With MDXL housings, Sea & Sea now offers trim inserts into their handles, ball mounts included standard with the housing, and a leak sentinel vacuum valve included standard with the housing. That’s a lot more bang for the buck! The port lock is specially made to prevent the port from turning accidentally.
The Leak Sentinel Vacuum Valve now comes as a standard with the housing. This draws air from inside the housing and checks if there is a beach on the seal. It will alert you if the seal integrity of the housing has been compromised. This gives the peace of mind that the housing is completely sealed and its safe to enter the water.
Knobs, bottons and levers are partially colored yellow and buttons have luminesccent labels which makes it visible even in low light conditions.
The housing has been designed to have a cavity located under the camera. This gives you an additional 250g lift which makes the camera & housing rig lighter. Not only that, it can also be used to mount an additional battery pack.
Compatible with Optical YS Converter S1
Compatible with all the DX (NX) series ports.
MDXL-α7IV Other Features
The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180 1.2x, VF45 1.2x and Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, 0.8x can be used.※Some vignetting occurs.When the VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the uper part of the camera’s viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scrach.
Recommended Ports and Accessories:
- Sony 16-35mm lens – F4 for wide-angle, sharks, pelagics, video
- Sony 28mm + fisheye conversion lens – For ultra-wide angle
- Sony 28-70mm lens – For fish, marine life portraits, some macro
- Sony 24-70mm lens – For fish, marine life portraits, video
- Sony 90mm macro lens – For macro, supermacro, fish
Universal Dome Port
Sea & Sea recently released a revolutionary new dome port that pairs perfectly with the Sea & Sea A7IV housing! The Sea & Sea Universal Dome Port is made of a new material called PLANEXT that has the amazing optical property of glass for a fraction of the price and weight.
- Sea & Sea 180 Degree Viewfinder (VF180 1.2x)
- Sea & Sea VF45 Viewfinder 1.2x
- Sea & Sea YS-D3 Strobe
- Ikelite DS-161 Strobe with NiMh Battery
- Light & Motion Sola 2500F Video Light – Bluewater Exclusive!