Dive Rite O2ptima CM
The Dive Rite O2ptima CM is an incredibly versatile, self-contained, and travel ready closed circuit rebreather. The O2ptima CM will change the way you think about rebreathers. The chest mounted design easily attaches to almost any harness using four bolt-snaps. This means it is fully compatible with your current open-circuit diving system—be it sidemount, back mounted doubles, or single tank. Any harness that can accommodate two high shoulder D-rings and 2 waist D-rings will be accept the O2ptima CM. The rebreather can be easily added or removed for any mission, on the fly–even underwater.
We now offer In Store Financing for your new Rebreather. Click HERE for details.
The self-contained design utilizes an onboard oxygen cylinder, meaning there is only one external connection for the diluent from your existing gas supply. You simply need to add one BC hose from your existing 1st stage to power the CM. This simplicity allows for limitless possibilities of use. You can add it to your single tank rig for a deep ocean dive in the morning, and then remove it for a shallow open circuit reef dive in the afternoon. It can be used in place of a stage bottle to greatly extend penetration distances in overhead environments while maintaining adequate and redundant bailout gas. It can be removed and staged underwater for later decompression or to negotiate tight restrictions and then picked up upon your return.
The Dive Rite O2ptima CM weights only 14.4 lbs (not including scrubber material or oxygen cylinder), traveling with a rebreather has never been easier. Because there is no hard frame or backplate, the entire assembly can be easily rolled up and stowed in a carry-on bag.
The O2ptima CM shares many of the features that have made the back-mounted O2ptima great for years:
- The CM is a fully electronically controlled closed circuit rebreather (eCCR) using state-of-the-art Shearwater electronics.
- The breathing loop is one of the shortest of any rebreather on the market.
- The unique scrubber design is fully compatible with the MicroPore Extendair cartridge while also being packable using approximately 5 pounds (2.2kg) of granular absorbent.
- The dual counterlung design and 6L total loop volume provides incredibly low work of breathing in a variety of diver orientations.
- Compact design ideal for overhead diving and rugged enough for the toughest expeditions.
- Threaded loop connections for easy removal of the scrubber and cleaning.
- Redundant Shearwater DiveCAN electronics including Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Petrel 2 controller (NERD controller is optional)
- Chest mounted counterlungs with 6 Liter total loop volume
- Dual use scrubber canister design can be used with Micropore ExtendAir SR-081C cartridges or packed with 5lbs of 812 mesh loose granular CO2 absorbent
- Dive Rite DSV standard
- Oxygen Manual Add Valve (MAV) and Automatic Diluent Valve/Diluent Manual Add Valve (ADV/MAV)
- Dual water traps inside the counterlungs and scrubber endcap
- XT1 or FT1 first stage oxygen regulator
- (4) AI R22 Oxygen Sensors
- SuperFabric soft cover for abrasion protection
- 12” (30 cm) loop hoses standard, 10” (25 cm) hoses optional
- Compatible Cylinders (not included): AL 13 (recommended), AL 20, AA LP 27, AA HP 32, AA LP 13
- Compatible with any harness with 2 high shoulder D-rings and 2 hip D-rings. Nomad LS recommended.
- Weight: 14.4lbs without oxygen cylinder or scrubber material
Buy Dive Rite Gear and Accessories Online in Canada with Free Shipping from Dan’s Dive Shop, a Top Stocking Dealer since 1986!