What will you learn?
The Emergency First Response Instructor Course is very practical course, you’ll learn to teach First Aid and CPR skills and as well as how to give lectures on those topics.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Certified in CPR and first aid training in the past 24 months or a be a practicing medical professional such as a physician, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedic and Registered Nurse.
Please contact the shop for 2015 dates
CPR and first aid are key skills that are important to everyone in any situation. During the Emergency First Response Instructor course, you will build on your own skills as an Emergency Responder and focus on developing your instructional abilities to teach these skills to others.
The Emergency First Response Instructor Course provides you with the additional training necessary to teach the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR), Secondary Care (First Aid) and Care for Children courses. Through a multi-media approach of independent study, classroom sessions and practical teaching assignments, you learn to conduct Emergency First Response courses.
The Emergency First Response Instructor Course covers specific goals and performance requirements for the Primary Care, Secondary Care and Care for Children courses. Along with learning how to structure and organize EFR courses, you practice:
- Presenting course content effectively
- Encouraging self-discovery in students
- Evaluating student knowledge
- Develop students’ skill mastery during hands-on skills practice sessions
- Managing effective scenario-based learning experiences
- How to present an effective scenario-based learning experience
- Coaching that creates a positive learning environment
Visit Dan’s Dive Shop to pick up an EFR Instructor Start-up Kit. It includes a complete set of instructional materials. Start learning immediately by completing the self-study knowledge reviews in the instructor guide. Our EFR Instructor Trainer will schedule practical sessions to complete your training. For more info please contact the shop.