What will you learn?
Excellent buoyancy control is what every diver should strive for, however, sometimes, not every Diver is given the same opportunities or equipment configuration help. Our PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Course will help you become a more confident and comfortable Diver.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy defines skilled Scuba Divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air, ascend, descend or hover perfectly still and perfectly horizontal almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings, they don’t stir up silt on the bottom because they frog kick and have great trim. You can achieve this style of diving too.
Our PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates you towards the next level.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 10 years old, are eligible to take the Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
Course can be conducted as a group or private course, please contact the store to schedule in your Peak Performance Buoyancy specialty.
Peak Performance Buoyancy Course $150 + hst
Peak Performance Buoyancy eLearning $164 + tax
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
- Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not overweight, this will improve your trim.
- Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water and redistribute your weight off the hips if possible.
- Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water with the right fin kicks.
- Hover effortlessly in a horizontal position.
What scuba gear will you use?
It’s best to use your own scuba equipment so that you fine-tune your buoyancy in gear you’ll use on every dive.Our Staff will help you find the equipment that is best for you and your diving.
Where can I go from here?
Here are some popular examples of courses commonly taken by graduates of this course:
- DPV Diver
- Enriched Air Nitrox
- Cavern Diver
- Deep Diver
- Wreck Diver
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Intro to Tech